Saturday, June 6, 2009

WTF?! Are You Serious?! (Season 1. Episode 6)

My brother is either the most brilliant music critic of the past thirty years, or the most retarded third grade graduate of Nate Mack Elementary School, I can't decide.

My family has been partially obsessed with a website called Sims On Stage. It's a site where individuals sing karoake to popular songs, and the computer records and it and one is apt to relive the humilation forever through the website. Furthermore, other people from across the country watch the videos, or listen to the audio, and score your performance. It's like an online karaoke bar, minus the hairy biker dudes and drunk lesbians.

Anyhow, last night my brother said something either completely enlightening or utterly moronic and I'm stuck deciding which one. While putting up Halloween decorations last night, my brother said, "I feel bad for the people that made those bad songs on Sims." I asked, "Like which ones?" And he replied with the lyrics, "Girl with kaleidoscope eyes." I just stared looking at him dumbfounded and sang the rest of the tune and he said, "Yeah, that one."

My brother, 4 foot in stature, stood looking at me, while I stood looking at him. And I asked him, "You think Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds by the Beatles is a bad song?" And he said, "Yes." I laughed and told my dad and my brother was just standing there confused.

So, after some detective work, I realized that the version that I sang on Simsonstage.com, is the version that my brother thought was professionally recorded by the Beatles in 1967. I recorded this version as a joke, and have indirectly ruined the Beatles for my brother for his entire lifetime. Here it is:

Record a Karaoke song at The Sims™ On Stage!
Choose a song from Rock, Pop, Country, Hip-Hop,
'80s, or All Genres.


Rate this performance at The Sims On Stage


So, is my brother so advanced that he can see something horrible in the Beatles that the rest of us simply cannot or is he strictly horrified by my rendition and can now never reach the level that the rest of us are at with the Beatles? Either way, my brother is now at a point regarding the most influential rock band of all time that nobody else can reach. He is forever indifferent to the Beatles.

editor's note: simsonstage.com has since been taken down and my recording has now been deleted.

Currently playing:
Grand Theft Auto IV
Release date: 2008-04-29

No comments:

Post a Comment